One of the most commonly used spices nowadays is definitely black pepper. It is mostly used in the kitchen to spice up various meals, but it can also be used for a variety of purposes. People use it as a preservative, in the perfume industry, but also for medicinal purposes. Researchers have already discovered its main active ingredient called piperine and have proved that it possesses various benefits. This amazing ingredient can reduce the risk of oxidative damage, improve your digestive health etc. It’s especially useful in the form of essential oil.
These are the 7 best therapeutic effects black pepper essential oil can offer you!
Black pepper essential oil offers a wide variety of uses such as: stimulant, diaphoretic, diuretic, laxative, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, antioxidant, carminative, antibacterial, febrifuge, expectorant, antiseptic, rubefacient, etc.
– Has incredible antioxidant properties: They can help you prevent and also repair the damage caused by free radicals. The oil can decrease your risk of cancer, liver problems and cardiovascular disease.
– Has powerful antibacterial properties: These properties are especially helpful against infections and insect bites. If you use it regularly, it can cleanse your arteries, but also decrease the risk of atherosclerosis.
– Supports digestive health: This oil can increase the production of hydrochloric acid in your stomach and that helps you improve your process of digestion. It can also help you against colic, constipation and diarrhea. It will also help you against bloating and intestinal gas. This oil can also help you stimulate urination and sweating which only helps you remove any toxic and waste material from your organism.
– Promotes weight loss: The outer layer of the peppercorn can induce fat cell breakdown. That’s why black pepper essential oil can help your body burn more fat which will speed up the process of losing weight.
– Alleviates sinusitis and nasal congestion: This oil can help you against the symptoms of sinusitis and nasal congestion> it can dissolve phlegm and mucus in your respiratory tract easily.
– Improves skin health: This amazing oil is especially helpful in the treatment of vitiligo, a condition which makes some areas of your skin to become white. According to researchers, the piperine found in this oil can help you induce pigment production that will in turn reduce the symptoms of this skin condition.
– Enhance neurological health: The main ingredient of this oil, piperine can help you decrease the risk of cognitive malfunction and memory impairment.
The therapeutic effects of black pepper essential oil will depend on the way you use it. You can apply it topically, inhale it or take it orally:
Taking the oil orally helps fight these health issues:
It will offer your body sesquiterpenes which are very powerful antioxidants that stimulate sweating and urination which causes your body to get rid of toxins. Black pepper essential oil can also help you stimulate the production of bile in your stomach which will break down food, but also improve your process of digestion. Add this oil into any meat or BBQ sauce!
– Inhaling the oil can help in cases of the following health problems:
This type of oil can help you relax your mind and body. Inhaling it along with lavender or juniper will definitely help you alleviate mental stress. It is also helpful in people who want to quit smoking.
– Applying the oil topically can help you alleviate the symptoms of these conditions:
If you dilute some black pepper oil in any carrier oil and apply it topically, it will help you relieve cramps and pulls and relax your muscles. It also possesses antispasmodic properties that will help you gain cramp relief. The antioxidant properties can eliminate the uric acid from your blood. The oil is also an amazing natural remedy for people with gout, rheumatism and arthritis.